AIDS Information Centre-Uganda (AIC) is a Non-Governmental Organization established on 14 February 1990 to provide Voluntary Counselling and Testing (VCT) services for Human Immune Deficiency Virus (HIV). The Organization was founded as a result of growing demand from people who wanted to know their HIV status. AIC currently offers HCT services through 9 Regional Centres of Kampala, Jinja, Mbale, Mbarara, Arua, Lira, Soroti, Kabale and Karamoja, selected hospitals, health Centre, and antenatal clinics. AIC also conducts HCT outreaches to communities and institutions targeting the Most-at risk populations. AIC has supported MoH to extend HCT services nearer to the communities by supporting HCT in over 52 districts in Uganda with over 200 district health facilities benefiting. Today the VCT model has evolved into an integrated and comprehensive package of HIV Prevention, Care & Treatment, Social Support & Protection and Health & Community Systems Strengthening.
Seeks to recruit an M&E Manager.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Functionally Supports: Monitoring and Evaluation Officers at the Regions
Main Purpose of the Job
To carry out overall monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of AIC programs, and to provide the related operational and strategic information necessary for ensuring effective implementation of the programs
- Up-to-date system, procedures, tools and strategies, procedures and guidelines for the monitoring and evaluation of AIC programs in place
- Indicators for monitoring and evaluation of AIC programs developed
- Operational plans and schedules for monitoring and evaluation drawn up
- Implementation of AIC programs effectively monitored and evaluated
- Regular reports on the monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of AIC programs prepared
- Necessary support provided to Monitoring and Evaluation staff at the regions
- Technical support provided in appraising the performance of the Monitoring ang Evaluation Officers in the regions, and in identifying their capacity development needs
- Up-to-date database maintained on AIC activities
- Impact of AIC activities on HIV/AIDS evaluated, in collaboration with other agencies implementing HIV/AIDS programmes in Uganda
- Ways of improving AIC’s interventions identified from monitoring and evaluation exercises
- Periodic reports on AIC interventions produced and disseminated to relevant stakeholders
- Periodic reports on monitoring and evaluation activities submitted to the Director Operations
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Put in place and continually update the system, tools, strategies procedures and guidelines for the monitoring and evaluation of AIC programmes
- Develop indicators for the monitoring and evaluation of AIC programmes, in collaboration with the respective programme Directors and Managers
- Develop work plans and budgets for the monitoring and evaluation of AIC’s programmes, and agree on the plans and budgets with the Director Operations, Director Prevention and Care, and the respective program managers
- Regularly carry out monitoring of the implementation of the various AIC programs, in conjunction with the respective program managers where possible
- Evaluate the implementation of programs from the monitoring data, identify obstacles to the implementation of the programs and advise AIC management on necessary follow-up actions
- Receive reports from the Monitoring and Evaluation Officers at the regions, consolidate them, and identify issues on which action is necessary
- Produce timely monitoring and evaluation reports on the implementation of AIC programs, disseminate information from the reports as appropriate, and advise on necessary follow-up actions
- Using information from monitoring and evaluation exercises, advise on ways of improving AIC’s interventions; and provide feedback to key partners including Donors and the Ministry of Health
- Provide technical support to the Monitoring and Evaluation Officers at the regions as necessary
- Coordinate and maintain an overall AIC programme database which can be updated periodically to facilitate planning, easy access to information and tracking of AIC activities
- Work closely with other agencies implementing HIV/AIDS programmes in Uganda, including UAC and the Ministry of Health, to formulate strategies for evaluating the impact of AIC activities on HIV/AIDS
- Carry out periodic impact assessments for AIC’s programmes
- Keep control of the expenditures on monitoring and evaluation activities, against the budget
- Participate in the periodic performance appraisal exercises for the Monitoring and Evaluation Officers at the regions
- Identify training needs of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officers at the regions, and propose necessary staff training and development interventions
- Participate in planning and organizing programme reviews, including feedback workshops at regional and national levels
- Participate in the development of AIC strategic and annual plans
- Submit to the Director Operations, as often as required but at least quarterly, a full written report of monitoring and evaluation activities
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Candidate selection will be based on the criteria described below.
University degree in Information Management, Quantitative Economics, Statistics or other relevant fields with at least three years of relevant professional work experience.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Project Planning and Management or
- Postgraduate Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation (DME)
- Minimum of four years’ experience in Experience of working in the health sector
- Demonstrated understanding of direct monitoring and evaluation experience, specifically in the humanitarian and development context.
- Demonstrated experience developing tools and systems for, and building capacity of others in skills related to, program tracking and documentation.
- Demonstrated experience in staff supervision.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodologies, including logical models, conceptual framework and assessment/evaluation.
- Demonstrated experience of implementing beneficiary complaint and feedback mechanisms.
- High proficiency in Excel, SPSS or any other data analysis software
- Experience with mobile data collection techniques is preferred
- Effective, high-quality communication, writing, and interpersonal skills are essential
Human Resource Department
State your salary expectation and start date. Deadline Wednesday 31st August 2021 10:00Am
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AIC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.