AIDS Information Centre-Uganda (AIC) is a Non-Governmental Organization founded in 1990 to provide Voluntary HIV Counselling and Testing services to the population of Uganda but has since evolved in response to the growing need and demand for integrated HIV prevention, care and treatment services. AIC plays a key role in health and community systems strengthening at the national, regional and community levels supporting more than 63 districts through 8 regional centres in Kampala, Jinja, Mbale, Mbarara, Arua, Lira, Soroti and Kabale. These provide integrated HIV/AIDS services including social support and protection, Tuberculosis (TB), Gender Based Violence (GBV) and Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) services including family planning, Safe Male circumcision and Cervical Cancer Screening. AIC hereby seeks the services of dedicated, competent, innovative and result-oriented individuals for employment to work as Director Programs and Planning.
Job Title: Director Programs and Planning
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: AIC Head office Kampala – Uganda
Start Date: 1st November 2022.
Main Purpose of the Job
To oversee and provide overall leadership and coordination of the AIC program in 9 regions. He/she provides technical leadership on policy development, leads on Program development, management monitoring and evaluation; He/she ensures that the desired objectives of the programs support the institution to achieve its goal. The Director of programs ensures compliance to program quality standard of the national and global policies and maintains that program targeted beneficiaries are reached within the 9 regions of AIC.
· Participate in providing leadership, oversight and guidance on the program direction and implementation.
· Ensures Policies and strategies for effective delivery of AIC services developed are regularly updated
· Lead the teams on Proposals development for external support to AIC.
· Make arrangements with the Director Finance &Administration for timely availability of resources required for program delivery in the regions
· Ensure Systems for monitoring and evaluation of programs are implemented
· Coordinates the Implementation of the respective AIC programmes in the regions
· Provide Strategic guidance and technical support provided to Regional Managers
· Ensures agreed policies, systems and procedures are adhered to in the implementation of AIC programs and plans
· Appropriate actions taken on issues arising from monitoring and evaluation reports
· Ensure strategic partnerships are made with relevant stake holders
· Drive the organisation into new program trends on board.
· Identifies gaps in human resource requirements for the implementation of AIC programs in the regions promptly and addressed
· Abstracts and journal papers on HIV and AIDS and integrated services produced, for conferences and other interests
· Ensure cohesion among different sister implementing partners.
· Consolidated and integrated annual reports and other special reports on programme implementation produced.
· Supports in the technical approval on program communication.
Minimum Academic Qualifications
· Masters degree in a Health discipline, with Training in Institutional Management; OR
· Master’s degree in Social Sciences plus post-graduate training in the management of health services; OR Master’s degree in Public Health
· Should poses a basic/ Bachelor’s degree in Medicine or Health sciences
Minimum Experience and Exposure
8 years’ work experience, at least 4 of which should have been at senior management level in an organisation offering services in integrated health services.
· At least 5 years’ experience of planning/designing, preparing proposals for, and managing large-scale social sector development programs in developing countries;
· A solid track record of the successful preparation and winning of large value programming proposals
· General program development and management of HIV/AIDS, SRH, OVC &Nutrition.
· Skills in Strategic planning
· Health systems strengthening.
· Knowledge of global and national HIV trend
· Partnership coordination and management.
· Monitoring and evaluation principles & Practices;
· Knowledge of the principles and practices of results-based management
· Demonstrated ability to provide technical support to project implementation.
· Comprehensive understanding and experience in the application of best practices to community based health programs and local capacity building
· Experience in managing donor funded projects.
· Skills in managing Human Resource.
· Skills in general management, leadership, advocacy, negotiation and communication.
Please apply and hand deliver to:
AIDS Information Centre – Uganda
P.O. Box 10446 Kampala.
Or by email
Not later than 3rd October 2022 stating your salary expectation.
Only selected candidates that meet the requirements will be notified.
AIC is an equal opportunity employer committed to having a diverse work force and does not ask for money at any stage of recruitment.
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR PROCUREMENT OF LEGAL SERVICES ON RETAINER BASIS
AIDS Information Centre-Uganda (AIC) is a Non-Governmental Organization founded in 1990 to provide Voluntary HIV Counselling and Testing services to the population of Uganda but has since evolved in response to the growing need and demand for integrated HIV prevention, care and treatment services. AIC plays a key role in health and community systems strengthening at the national, regional and community levels supporting more than 63 districts through 8 regional centres in Kampala, Jinja, Mbale, Mbarara, Arua, Lira, Soroti and Kabale. These provide integrated HIV/AIDS services including social support and protection, Tuberculosis (TB), Gender Based Violence (GBV) and Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) services including family planning, Safe Male circumcision and Cervical Cancer Screening. AIC hereby seeks to engage the services of a law firm on retainer basis to provide the following legal services.
Purpose of the Retainership firm: The firm will be responsible and accountable for ensuring that legal matters, board affairs and complaints are managed in a transparent manner resulting in provision of quality services that mitigate the level of litigation risk to AIC.
Key Duties and responsibilities:
- Provision of oral advice, written legal advice and written legal opinion. Written legal opinion to be provided promptly. This will include Off hours’ legal advice (in case of emergencies)
- Assess and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements
- Review progress of outstanding litigation and liaise with and manage external lawyers
- Gradually monitor compliance with statutory obligations and advise management
- Case file management before any court or tribunal or any other Labor office and case correspondence(s):
- Drafting or preparing of agreement and contracts for the client, staff, suppliers and service providers and handling disputes with the same.
- Assist in follow up of documentations with government authorities
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for the consideration of Management
- Prepare, negotiate, review and draft documentation for business transactions and prepare and advise management in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements
- Offer legal protection and risk management advice to Management especially on contract management
- Follow-up and update Management on court matters and attending court hearings for and on behalf of the AIC.
- Review and advise on MOUs between AIC and other organizations
- Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Helping the client in securing exemptions whenever needed from local authorities
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor
The retainer contract will run for a period of one year October 2022 to September 2023 with the possibility of renewal if agreeable to both parties.
- The legal firm will require to submit the firm/company profile along with a list of clients of the firm, and the CVs of the owner/key partners of the legal firm.
- A copy of firm/company registration certificate.
- A copy of PAN/VAT registration certificate.
- A copy of tax clearance certificate of most recent fiscal year (firm/company).
Qualification and Experience
The retained firm must
- Be registered with all the relevant government authorities in Uganda and operating legally
- Demonstrate capacity to render the said services through a team of qualified advocates based in and familiar context
- Demonstrate experience in rendering similar services to other NGOs and/or organizations of similar nature.
- Well informed in all prevailing laws and regulations currently in practice, especially those related to labor, registration, and taxation.
- Demonstrated ability to provide legal recommendations and appropriate legal responses to pressing issues.
Firms that wish to show their interest in being considered can send a proposal demonstrating their experience in undertaking such assignments and the relevant registration documents, qualifications of key personnel and recommendation letters from at least 2 organizations where they have undertaken such assignments. The proposal should also include proposed retainer rate per month.
The proposals should be addressed to
Sheila Birungi Gandi
AIDS Information Center
Deadline: 15th October, 2022